Assignment 2 details:Edit
- Create a wikia page descibing a publically-accessible database that covers some aspect of genetics, genomics or metagenomics.
- Provide a useful introduction to the contents of the database, its utility, and its history.
- Provide one or more specific examples (with screenshots) of how the database is used to look up particular information.
- Graduate students: Identify one or more research projects in which this database has been used, and provide citations to that work from the primary literature.
- Place a link to your new wiki contribution on this page.
Links to student articles written in response to this assignmentEdit
(*please put a link to your article here soon after you start working on it; no need to wait until you think it's complete)
BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool)
CAMERA (Community Cyberinfrastructure for Advanced Microbial Ecology Research and Analysis)
COSMIC (Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer)
dbGaP (Database of Genotypes and Phenotypes)
EcoGene (Database of Escherichia coli Sequence & Function)
EMBL-EBI (European Molecular Biology Laboratory - European Bioinformatics Institute)
ExPASy (Expert Protein Analysis System)
Gene (NIH - National Center for Biotechnology Informaction)
KEGG (Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes)
MethyCancer (Database of Human DNA Methylation and Cancer)
MG-RAST (Metagenomics Rapid Annotation using Subsystem Technology)
PlasmoDB (Plasmodium Genomics Resource)
PROMALS3D (PRofile Multiple Alignments with Predicted Local Structures and 3D constraints)
ScienceDirect database (Elsevier)
UCSC Genome Browser (University of Santa Cruz Genome Browser)
UniProt (Database of Protein sequence and functionality)